Sunday, July 18, 2010

It Was Either Love What I Do or Hate What I Do. I Chose the Former.

It Was Either.jpg

For the past couple of weeks, I’ve been receiving newsletters from a business cartoonist Hugh MacLeod who made a name for himself by cartooning based on the corporate workplace.  Each week, I get a featuring one of his cartoons and his 2 second advice based on his years of experience.  This one hit home for me as lately I haven’t been loving my day job lately and I forgot, we all have a choice.

On that note, what will you decide?

This is Hugh MacLeod’s Advice based his cartoon:

When I was younger, an older, wiser woman once told me, "90% of being Happy is just making the decision to be so."

As a big advocate of the "Love Thy Work" mentality, somewhere along the line I decided I wasn't just going to turn up and collect a paycheck, like most working stiffs I knew at the time. Somewhere, the decision was made to do it differently than them. Sure, it took me a few years for reality to catch up, but whatever, it was worth it in the end.

Decide.

No comments:

Post a Comment