This is Hugh MacLeod’s Advice based his cartoon:
- I remember when me and my school friends turned THAT corner, a decade or so after graduating from college.
- When we were no longer willing to fall asleep to the noise of trendy, inner-city neighborhood gunshots.
- When we were no longer willing to have roommates.
- When we were no longer willing to live in one-room closets.
- When we started taking on things like spouses, children, car payments and mortgages.
- But all that stuff was expensive. But some of us were more used to winging it hand-to-mouth, month to month, paycheck to paycheck.
- But the worldly pressures to grow up were far greater than our ability to pay for its ever-increasing cost.
- "You don't get richer, your bills get bigger", as they say...
- Some of us figured it out. Some of us didn't. Life is unfair.