Monday, May 3, 2010

Introducing – My new blog!

For the past few months I’ve been managing my main blog for my origami based business.  The original intent was to focus on promoting my hobby and make a little spending money.  Throw in features of sellers whose products I like.  Something light and fun for everyone to read and give exposure for fellow like minded crafters like myself.

to_blog_or_not_to_blogWhat I’ve found that these set of self imposed guidelines extremely limiting because there’s so much more I’d like to write about but doesn’t fit the ‘feel’ or the original intent of my blog.  And worse, reading on past entries I was unconsciously mimicking other bloggers.  I’m not being original and I’m not giving the best what I can offer.  Don’t get me wrong, I truly like the vendors that I feature, but I’m following a formula of what worked for other people.  I realized that I needed to take advice that we all give to every child when pressured to do what everyone else doing.  Be yourself.

So what should I right about?  After reading other blogs, I realized the ones I really enjoyed reading are the ones who see an everyday situation or a interesting random thought and write their own point of view.  Their blogs seems to be a reflection of the bloggers themselves, not just the products they try to sell.  Origami is really a small part of me, my interests has really grown and expanded to entrepreneurship, web design and graphic design.  I’m also a full time working mother of two.   So I made a decision, I want to share my experiences and thoughts in my own words.  Let my personality show though.  I’m not sure how just yet, but I’ll take inspiration around me.    Even though it’s not the most original format, I really enjoy writing about other sellers and giving general business advice.  I just need to expand and grow. Please visit often for updates!untitled

Don’t worry though, I’ll still maintain my West Coast Origami blog.  I really enjoy featuring other artisans. 

No comments:

Post a Comment