Sunday, March 6, 2011

Welcome Baby Aubrey!

IMG_0034One of our best family friends just had their second baby, Aubrey, last month. Last week we were invited over to their house to see her for the first time. 

She was born in the year of the Rabbit.  So designed a card just for Aubrey.  I am happy with the result.  I hope they liked it.  My favourite is the butterfly font.  I’m proud of it, it was a challenge to do the ears. 

Lesson’s Learned

Keep things simple.  I wanted to make a more elaborate design and wasn’t satisfied.  Then I realized that my style has always been simple and clean.  After that realization, the design came to me very easily.

Paper quality is key.  My previous work was printed on 65 pound cardstock.  For this card I used a 110 pound index cardstock by Wausau that I got from CSN Stores.  I’m happier with the results. 

No comments:

Post a Comment