Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Inspiration for my Foil Prints

inspire gold (5)If you have been following my Instagram feed, you’ve seen me posting my recent foil print illustrations and quotes.  I recently been asked where I’ve drawn inspiration.  Actually, the first print was really something I needed to gain some experience in foil printing.  Something that had a large surface area to ensure I can get a clean print.  I took a random quote I try to live by, more with my children in mind:

“I want to inspire people.  I want someone to look at me and say ‘because of you, I didn’t give up’

I actually printed many variations to test out different foil colours.  So many, I posted on my Etsy store.  Imagine my surprise that it’s become a popular seller!

The first inspired print was really from a rough period during my day job.  My co-workers and I were so stressed that we had to break tension by sending each other funny quotes, pictures and emails.  Some days, we just wanted to ‘give up’.  Instead I made these for each of my work friends:

White LSA (5)

A quote from Robert Downey Jr.:

“Listen, smile, agree.  and then do whatever the $%#@ you were going to do anyway”

My co-worker showed that to me on a email quip from her friend and I thought, PERFECT. 

So inspiration for me is situational.  With a full time job and a full time mom, trying to squeeze anything creative for Cindy Ho Designs has been tough.  Most of my art comes from all around me.

No comments:

Post a Comment