If you use Google Analytics you know how powerful this tool is for your business. Facebook Fanpages has its analytical tool called ‘insights’, confined to the activities generated by your fans and don’t have any idea how those fans found your page in the first place.
Not everyone visiting the page will ‘like’ you. After researching, I've found many resources to add analytics. The issue I have with most of them is that their tutorials assume you know some HTML coding and it's confusing. All I want is to put that tracking code! Fortunately I figured it out and hope this is helpful to you..
Adding Static FBML to your Public Profile (Fan Page)Step #2
- Click “Edit Page” under the Page’s large avatar image;
- Under “Applications,” under “More Applications” click the pencil/edit icon and select “Browse more”;
- Under “All Applications” in the left column, enter “static fbml” (without quotes) into the search field and hit your enter/return key;
- Go to the Static FBML application from the search results page (it should be the only result);
- Click “Add to my Page” in the left column;
- You have successfully added Static FBML to your Page.
- Create a Google Analytics account if you don't already have one.
- Create a website profile in GA to generate the tracking code
- Create the HTML code – I just I used the hosted version to create my code: http://ga.webdigi.co.uk/
- Fill in the fields and copy the HTML code that gets generated
- I figured it out from the official tutorial from Webdigi’s blog
- Go to your fanpage
- Go to 'edit page'
- Go to 'edit FBML'
- Make up a title or name. I just call mine "Thank you for visiting!" so it's not obvious what it really is. paste the code in the field provided
- save changes
- On your page, go to the 'boxes' tab. You should see a box with the title you just saved
- click on it 'pencil' and instruct to move to wall
- Go to your wall, you should find that box. I like to move it tot he side.
- Wait a day or two and check analytics. Voila! You should have streaming data!