Sunday, October 2, 2011

Starting on a New Adventure!

One day, my husband returned home, looked at me with a serious look on his face and said, “We need to talk”  My husband wanted my take to tear down our 50 year plus bungalow and build a new house!

Our current house is too small for our growing family.  We are nearly done with our mortgage.  Buying elsewhere would move us 1 hour away as we can’t afford our area with the upward pressure on housing prices

So, I said yes, with one condition.  I get my own space.  I get a space to work on my designs.  A craft room.  My own studio! 

A REAL WORK SPACE

I don’t have a space to be creative.  I have craft and supplies crammed in various areas of our living room, which is also our family living space.  And it’s a MESS with toys.  My Album 5-003

Isn’t it awful? Running both my design and origami business has been inefficient.  Okay, I could do a better job organizing the kids things but I don’t want to pretend I’m superwoman either. 

So here is the first peek of my new craft room!

IMG_0144

Okay, I do have to share a corner of this room with my husband for his desk.  I’m selfish, I really want this whole room to myself.  (now I pout with my arms crossed). 

I know, I really have lots of room.  I’ve seen beautiful craft rooms all over the web and the some only have a quarter of the space I get and they look stunning.  For months I’ve been looking at other crafters and designers on their awesome craft spaces and been posting them on Pinterest

I’m so excited!  We won’t be tearing down and building until next year but I will definitely blog about the process.  The downside is that I have to put both my businesses on hold for now, but it’s a short term sacrifice!

No comments:

Post a Comment